SeekWellness Forums
Advertisement

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-11-2008, 08:28 PM

capslock is on a distinguished road
Why do I fall asleep in the late afternoon
I can have a full nights sleep and still fall asleep around 3pm!. Even at work, I struggle to keep my eyes open at that time!. They literely close and I've actually put my head down on my break and fallen asleep!. I can't even fall asleep on an air plane or in a car but if I'm at work or home I just zonk out!.!.!.What do you think is wrong with me!? Should I be concerned cuz I amHow can i get to sleep in less than 20 minutes?
Old 06-19-2008, 12:52 PM

meanne2007 is on a distinguished road
We have the same problem, since i have work at night, i have to rest in the afternoon, but unfortunately i can't sleep also...I experienced dizziness when i am trying to sleep hard. confused
Old 04-21-2011, 06:41 AM

eric451 is on a distinguished road
I think you should get advice from doctor. From how long you getting this sleeping issue? Did you have late night work routines?

Did you take melatonin? But also check melatonin side effects

Last edited by eric451; 04-21-2011 at 07:30 PM..
Old 06-23-2011, 06:33 PM

Natalie is on a distinguished road
I agree with Eric. I believe you should consult with your doctor. I have the same problem as you, and my doctor is currently trying to get to the bottom of it. I can sleep 12+ hours a night, and still need a nap the next day. In fact, I used to get up around 7:30 to get ready for work. I would work three hours and then take a two hour nap when I got home. I am always fatigued. I immediately thought it was my thyroid because I experienced weight gain as well. Have you had your thyroid checked recently? Regardless, a trip to your doctor is needed so you can get an opinion from a professional. Don't let this problem interfere with your life!

Last edited by Natalie; 06-23-2011 at 09:03 PM..