SeekWellness Forums
Advertisement

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-29-2007, 09:46 AM

scott0825 is on a distinguished road
Testim and Breathing problems
I'm a 48 year old male who recently was prescribed Testim 1% to bring my T levels back into the normal range. However, after 3 days of taking the prescribed dose and applying in the prescribed manner, I noticed that I started to have breathing problems (a rare but possible side affect of this medication) and was having trouble sleeping because I kept waking up due to sleep apnea. I'm 5'9" and 175 pounds and a non-smoker. So I don't normally have sleep apnea or breathing issues. I stopped taking the medicine immediately and called my doctor who then prescribed Angrogel 1% as an alternative. My question is this: What is the likelihood that I will experience the same breathing problems with Androgel that I experienced with Testim? Are they essentially and compositely the same?
Old 10-29-2007, 04:34 PM

SeekWellness Editor is on a distinguished road
Testim and Breathing problems
Androgel and Testim have different formulas so a trial of Androgel may well be worth your trouble.